First of all: Sorry for the error message. This is caused by an update and I hope this will be fixed soon!
Let me start with a quote from the book “This is Portland” by Alexander Barret:
“If four Portland drivers come to a four way stop, they will all put their cars in park, walk to the middle of the intersection, and explain to each other that they didn’t really feel like driving that day anyway.”
This describes the atmosphere in Portland perfectly: Relaxed.
We’ve visited the city four years ago and we didn’t like it at all. But this was just because we did see the wrong areas I guess. This time we came a little bit more prepared – and we liked Portland a lot! When you avoid downtown and the “known” areas, you can find many (more or less) clean streets with really nice restaurants, cafes and small shops. And depending on what you like, there are lot’s of things to do. Here are just a few:
- Visit voodoodoughnut : Just do it and follow the hype 🙂
- Stroll through the Rose garden : It’s free and even if you don’t like flowers that much, this is kind of a green oasis in the city
- Go to Powell’s and spend some time in the world largest independent book store. Believe me: it is HUGE!
- When you just want to float around, drink coffee and eat something you may want to go to Pine street biscuits for breakfast, get a coffee at Case Study coffee and dinner at any other location. There such a great variety of restaurants – you will find something for sure. And they are all good!
- If you want a longer walk through a forest “Oaks bottom wildlife refuge” is a good idea. This is in the middle of the city, but it does not feel like it all all.
I could continue forever, there are so many things to do.
And of course there are enough possibilities for a photo stop 🙂
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a good start into the new week! 🙂