Parallel to the first post this year, we already made the first short trip this year. We spontaneously decided to spent a weekend in Berlin.
Germany’s capital has many pros and cons. Let’s start with some pros:
- many cultural things to do: museums, exhibitions …
- you can choose of tons of different restaurants
- when you like coffee: small coffee bars and roasters everywhere
- and of course many interesting places for shooting pictures
And now some cons:
- it’s crowded in the city due to many tourists (-> good idea is to go there in the winter time, after Christmas and new year)
- Berlin is like a small island in the nowhere: It’s far away from everything else
- housing in Berlin got expensive during the last years due to it’s popularity
I like Berlin and it’s always worth going there for a short trip! Even though the city has a good public transport network, we walked to most of the places this time. And because many people stayed home because of ice and snow, the hot spots we went to were surprisingly empty!
Have a good start into the new week!